Running Week Summary: 03AUG2015 – 09AUG2015

Jeez, I’m terrible at being consistent with my posting.  Without further ado…

Monday wasn’t too bad.  It was the usual short run and gym time.  Tuesday I ended up hopping on a treadmill to run.  The moment I woke up I saw the flashes of lightning outside.  It wasn’t raining when I left but the amount of lightning I saw was insane.  It lit up the sky like the 4th of July and I got an alert that a severe thunderstorm warning was issued for my area.  I decided to play it safe and run indoors and that turned out to be a great idea.  A torrential downpour came down a few minutes after I got to the gym.  The run itself actually went really well.  I despise running on the machine lately but it wasn’t so bad today.  I didn’t ache during or after the run and actually was able to run a bit quicker thanks to being able to control the pace.  I finished up on the elliptical as usual and lucked out when I stepped outside.  The storm had passed and I made it home nice and dry.

Wednesday’s run felt okay.  I didn’t really feel any pain except during a downhill portion of my run.  My stomach’s gotten a bit bigger and I’m starting to feel the strain a lot more lately even with my belly band.  My back ached slightly as I went downhill but that was really the only time I felt any aches.  I also wore my Illumiseen LED safety belt on this run for the first time since I won it.  It’s been dark the past 2 weeks I’ve been out at 5AM and I noticed that the sunrise has pushed back to after 6 AM.  I guess the days are getting shorter.  I normally run on lit sidewalks but I figured you can never be too safe and decided to start wearing it from now on.  I absolutely love this belt.  I definitely feel a lot safer with it than when I used my standard reflective belt because it actually lights up.  I was even more pleased that it didn’t budge while I ran, an issue I’ve had in the past with other belts.  I’d sing more praises for it but that’s probably best for another post.

Thursday’s run went very smoothly and the weather was actually pleasant for once.  I finished up with my usual elliptical time.  Friday I decided to go ahead and run on the machine again since I would be weightlifting afterwards.  I was not into my run that morning.  I just woke up not feeling like working out but I made myself do it anyway.  I felt a lot better afterwards so I was glad I got my butt out to the gym.

Saturday I took my run nice and slow.  Since I felt some back pain the last time I ran 3 miles I decided to take my time getting that distance complete.  It turned out to be a good move because I didn’t get any side cramps or back pain.  The only down side to running slowly is that my calves don’t seem to take kindly to a slower pace.  I felt a bit of a strain on them after the first half.  It let up once I picked up the pace slightly so I ran the last half at a slightly quicker pace.  I did experience some lightning pain at the end, but I’m not surprised considering my baby is head down and pretty low in my pelvis.

Sunday I was feeling a bit burned out so I decided to sleep in that morning and run in the evening instead.  I was worried about the temperature in the evening but it turned out to be very pleasant that day.  It was actually pretty dry and cool when I headed out (around 6 PM).  I felt great as I ran as well and even ran pretty quickly.  I did have a slight backache at the end but that was due to me overarching my back.  Once I corrected my posture it went away.  This run also made me realize I may be more of an evening runner than a morning one.  I felt a lot more energized during this run than I have in the past few weeks.  It’s a shame the weather is most agreeable in the early morning.

Pacing has been all over the place this past week.  That has a lot to do with me running more by feel than by my watch.  With my due date approaching, I find that my body is quite unpredictable from day to day.  Some days I feel great and like I can run fast and long.  Other days I feel really heavy and weighed down.  Because of this, I just go out there and run until my watch beeps at the turnaround point and run back.  I don’t worry too much about my time.  Granted, it’s no fun when I see the 10:40s but at least I finished the distance.  I’ve already been running a month longer than I did with my last pregnancy.  I’m grateful for that =).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s