Sorry I’ve been so MIA lately. Like I said before, I was hospitalized about 2 weeks ago and I’ve been running around getting paperwork completed. Anywho, here’s this week’s vegan dessert recipe.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups oats (I used old fashioned oats since that’s all I had on hand)
- 1/3 cup applesauce (I used regular cinnamon applesauce since these were for my husband)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well (I used a hand-held electric mixer).
- Prepare cookie sheets with coconut oil or other non-stick vegan substitute (vegan butter works great)
- Spoon out mix onto cookie sheets. Pat each cookie down slightly into “patty” shape.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (18 was enough for me). Pull out of the oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet or cooling rack.
I think they turned out pretty well. I found it a bit odd that my husband requested this (He’s the epitome of anti-vegan, lol). However, they were easy to make and didn’t take more than 30 minutes to make from start to finish. They’re definitely great for that sudden urge to bake something (I get those urges a lot….thus I made brownies the other night at 8 PM, lol).