Who doesn’t love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups? There’s something about the salty peanut butter mixing with the sweet chocolate that makes them so tasty. I wanted to be able to have some while still keeping it vegan so I set out to make some
Ingredients (yields 4-6 cups):
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (either dark or regular cocoa)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp light agave nectar
- 4 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
- Mix coconut oil, cocoa powder, and agave nectar until you get a nice, smooth mixture
- Prepare PB2 in a separate bowl as directed on the bottle, adjusting to get the desired thickness you want (I used about 2 tbsp per water for 4 tbsp PB2)
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake cups. Put a thin layer of the chocolate in each cup.
- Dab the desired amount of peanut butter in each cup. Cover the peanut butter with more chocolate.
- Place the tray in the fridge and allow for it to cool for an hour or overnight.
- Pop each cup out of the tray and enjoy!. Place cups you don’t finish in a tupperware and store in the fridge.
These came out might fine =). I did go slightly overboard with the chocolate so they came out very fudge-like. I needed to chase one with a cup of milk it was so creamy and rich. I couldn’t eat more than one, lol.
I think making my own chocolate may be my new hobby =).